Topics covered in Decorating Basics include:
- How to Bake a Great Cake
- Buttercream Icing
- Using Decorating Bags and Couplers
- Icing the Cake
- Leveling and Torting the Cake
- Using the Star Tip
- Drop Flower, Rosette
- Dimensional Decorating
- Pompom Flower, Leaves
- Filling and Icing a Cupcake
- Guidelines for Elementary Cake Design
- Printing, Writing, Rose Base
- Piping Gel Pattern Transfer
- Ribbon Rose
- Guidelines for Decorating Your Cake
You’ll understand how to bake a great cake, see how to make and color icing and learn the best way to ice the cake. You will also practice the three fundamentals of decorating, enabling you to approach each technique the right way for great results.
Along the way, you’ll learn to create icing drop flowers, rosettes, shells, pompom flowers, leaves, shaggy mums, and the ribbon rose. You’ll also decorate cupcakes and Cakes.
Please note: Due to insurance reasons, this class is for people of 18 years of age or older.