Topics covered in Gum Paste and Fondant include:
- Gum Paste and Fondant 101
- Bow Loops
- Mum Base, Rose Base
- Carnation Base
- Assembling a Bow
- Tinting Gum Paste and Fondant
- Basic Principles of Floral Cake Design
- Calia Lily
- Rosebud and Rose
- Calyxes and Leaves
- Assembling the Calia Lily
- Covering a Cake Board with Fondant
- Elements of Fondant Cake Design
- Creating Geometric Designs Using Cut-Outs, Overlays, and Inlays
- Eyelet, Ruffle, and Ball Borders
After completing Decorating Basics and Flower Design, Gum Paste and Fondant is course for you!
In Gum Paste and Fondant you’ll discover one of the most exciting and satisfying ways to decorate a cake. Your Instructor will lead you every step of the way as you create amazing hand-shaped flowers, beautiful borders and bold accents using these easy-to-shape icings. As you learn each technique – an artful bow, mum, rose, carnation, calla lily, rosebud, daisy, and embellished borders – you’ll be closer to your crowning achievement! The confidence you’ll gain as you decorate with gum paste and fondant will enable you to create cakes that will add excitement to your family celebrations for years to come.
Please note: Due to insurance reasons, this class is for people of 18 years of age or older.